Insurance regarding laboratory work

AU is covered by governmental self-insurance, which covers all risks normally covered by an insurance plan. This means that people hired by AU (with a contract of employment) are covered by AU insurances.

However, students, including students with scholarship and part A PhD students, guest researchers on short term stays and researchers not hired by AU are not covered by AU insurances. They must take out a personal accident insurance that covers accidents involving laboratory work.

Read more about insurance