Travel Grant

Travel Grant

Grants from the Professor Hakon Lund and Associate Professor Hans Rasmussen and Wife's Fund are for the benefit of chemistry students at the Department of Chemistry at Aarhus University.

Grants are only given to chemistry students with supervisors that are employed at the Department of Chemistry in in connection with experimental work abroad for graduate and doctoral students.

You can apply for a grant through Steen Uttrup Pedersen.

Travel Grant

The board prioritizes applications for travel grants according to the following guidelines:

  1. Traveling to use apparatuses that are not available in Aarhus.
  2. Traveling for PhD courses or courses that are necessary for your studies.

Please note:

  • Grants are no longer given for travels inside Denmark, as those are not deductible.
  • You cannot apply for a grant for expenses that you have already incurred. An application for a grant most be posted in good time.
  • As the grant is paid unto your personal NEM account, it is a problem to seek support for expenses that are temporarily paid by from your supervisor's project account. You cannot transfer money to the AU project accounts. Therefore, make sure to cover the expenses, for which you have gotten a grant, yourself.
  • For some applications, we choose to grant a letter of endorsement with reservations if there is uncertainty about the total revenue from other funds. On returning home, the fund is fully accounted for (email Steen Uttrup Pedersen) over total income and expenses incurred. The Fund will then support to the extent that there is a net expense and maximum by the amount allocated in the endorsement.

The following forms must be filled out when applying for grants:

Travel Grant:

The application form for travel grants is to be completed, printed, signed and scanned (pdf) together with your supervisor's recommendation and then sent to Steen Uttrup Pedersen by email with subject: Hakon Lund