1. Always wear approved safety glasses with side protection in the laboratory.
2. Never eat, drink or keep food in the laboratory or other “dirty” areas.
3. Always consult MSDS and www.KIROS.dk before starting to work with a chemical.
4. Always wear a laboratory coat with long sleeves when working in the laboratory, the chemical store room and other “dirty” areas.
5. Never wear a lab coat inside offices, the library, the canteen or other “clean” areas.
6. Never wear gloves in auditoriums, corridors or “clean” areas like offices or when handling computers.
7. Never work alone when doing high-risk experiments.
8. Never leave solvents, organic compounds or chemicals with health risks on the bench. These must be kept in ventilated hoods or cupboards.
9. Never transport open flasks/vials with hazardous chemicals outside the fume hood.
10. Make sure that all vials/containers are clearly labeled with content, date and owner.
11. Only use intact equipment (electrical, glassware, etc.) for experiments.
12. Never leave glass and lab equipment in the sinks.
13. Switch off the water and all unused electrical appliances, and close the fume hoods before leaving the lab.
14. You must have passed the occupational safety course (including basic firefighting course) before working in the lab on your own. (Guests and new employees must sign up for the first available course).
ALARM (Ambulance, Fire, Police) 0 + 112
Emergency room 8731 5050
Safety inspector: Peter Hald 87155938
Technical leader: Lars Allermann 2899 2012
HEART DEFIBRILLATOR IS FOUND ON THE 3RD FLOOR, BUILDING 1510